Please select all options.
This interactive self study course provides an introduction to coaching as a development tool. Using a range of realistic examples, scenarios and challenges, it is the ideal starting point to begin building your coaching skills.
Coaching 101 is for anyone looking for a clear, easy to understand introduction to coaching. It is part of Mind Tools' 101 Suite, designed to help you build your personal effectiveness as a manager or leader.
By completing Coaching 101 you will be able to:
- Explain what coaching is and how it differs from other development activities.
- Define the benefits of coaching, including how it positively affects organizations and individuals.
- Use basic coaching techniques to help others develop skills, increase their confidence and achieve their potential.
- Detail what makes an effective coaching conversation.
- Spot appropriate coaching opportunities.
- Outline key coaching skills and put a plan in place to develop these.
This course takes up to an hour to complete and can be accessed on all devices.